*WHAT HAVE I DONE? 
  corner   



HOME

ANCIENT STEPH


Visit My Message Board

Marn's Big Adventure

Harsh Betty's Party favors

WNP?

E-mail Stephanie

Harried, Hurried and Hapless. That's how it goes.

 

Sunday, January 21, 2007

 
Time Passages

I just can't say how fast things change. A few weeks ago I was ready to throw myself from the rooftop to avoid seeing my oldest daughter continue a relationship with a guy I was sure would end up ruining her life.
That may sound a bit dramatic, but based on his actions over the 18 months or so they dated, I was certain he would eventually chain her to the house and see to it she washed his clothes, cleaned his home and birthed his babies without ever speaking to another soul again.

That is hard to take as a parent, when you realize you are no longer the "boss" and your kids may actually act on thoughts they have that you might not agree wholeheartedly with.

One of the more odd things about the relationship was that the pair enjoyed attending church together. I kept hoping that one of the Sundays the pastor would speak to something that might wake her up and let her realize what was going on but it never seemed to happen.

On Sunday, two weeks ago, my daughter didn't feel "up" to attending church with her bf. She called to say she wasn't going, and to that, he told her if she didn't go to church, he didn't want to talk to her again.

She was at home at the time, and I heard her reply.
"ok" was all she said.

I thought I was in my dreams. You know, the ones where I get to arrange the pieces and everything comes out okay?

OK must have worked, because he called after church, all friendly and such, and she told him to get lost. She wasn't talking to him anymore. After a few more calls, and a few more terse conversations with him, he figured out he'd pushed one time too many.

There was mental dancing, jumping and general gaiety here, lemme tell ya.

Two weeks out and he is referred to by her as: "The one which we do not speak of"

Dreams do come true, as well as prayer.

I know we're in the clear - at least for a while, as she's already replaced Mussolini with a refreshing friend she introduced us to this week.
They're annoying as hell together because they laugh and talk constantly, often interrupting each other to tell the funniest part first.

Its so nice to hear her laugh again.





Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger.